As a core member of the senior management team, the Director will report to the CEO, working in partnership with the Board of Directors to implement the organization’s vision and further develop its capacity to deliver its mission. The incumbent will have key responsibility to ensure high quality, supportive and responsive service for our supporters and participants; uphold our organizational values and further develop programs which build the capabilities of emerging Alabama women leaders by offering best practices for top-level administrators. The incumbent will lead and develop a high level business leadership curriculum and well as a vigorous one-to one mentoring program. The Director of Programming will also help develop a pool of highly respected, experienced senior leaders as mentors for program participants.
The incumbent provides leadership, motivation and direction to staff, alumnae and volunteers to foster an environment committed to achievement of the mission and objectives of the organization. Provides leadership in the absence of the CEO. Responsibilities include:
- Proven skills in managing in a complex organization.
- Solid project management and time management capabilities, especially relating to women’s core leadership programming.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of critical operational functions, including support of Board committees and collaborations that enhance program and mission.
- Ability to understand the challenges, strategies, and opportunities associated with women in business through curriculum research, program development, delivery and evaluation.
- Accountable for involving volunteers, community organizations, and alumnae in networking, mentoring and programming efforts.
- Involvement with hiring, training and development of new associates.
- Must exercise sound judgment in making business decisions through a combination of analysis, collaboration, wisdom and experience.
- Responsible for managing and executing the budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Proven experience as a team builder and leader with strong staff development skills, who is able to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, organizational development or related field required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years or equivalent experience in education, business, organizational development, counseling or management with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A proven track record of embracing challenges, learning new concepts and effectively leading others through processes of change.
- Proven leadership skills in managing in a complex organization with a specific passion for the mission of the organization; and the ability to develop and execute on its vision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience delivering presentations.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities while functioning independently and interdependently as part of a team.
- Must be available to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings and activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- The ability to engage in fund development and grant writing to further growth of organization is desirable.
- Experience in curriculum development, evaluation, and execution, a plus.
Interested candidates should email a resume and letter of interest to the Momentum personnel committee, with a hard copy to: Momentum HR – P.O. Box 1574 – Birmingham, AL 35201.