The Logistics Coordinator is a part-time position responsible for the organization and execution of logistics details for Momentum’s programs, special projects, and events. This role entails intensive scheduling, communication, preparation of materials, event setup/breakdown, and attention to the small details that ensure an excellent participant experience. Candidates should have impeccable written and verbal communications skills, strong organization/attention to detail, and an excellent command of Microsoft Office. Experience in event planning or similar program logistics role is strongly preferred. Must have reliable transportation and physical ability to load and unload rolling carts to transport program and special event materials.
Primary Responsibilities include coordination of:
Momentum Executive Leadership and Early Career Programs
- Enrollment – file applications, schedule committee reviews, and correspond with applicants.
- Program Logistics – schedule meeting locations, AV, speaker arrangements, prepare class materials, coordinate food & beverage with host company, and execute set-up/breakdown.
- Communication – ensure timely execution of communication with participants with content provided by Director of Marketing, Director of Operations, and host companies.
- Participant Experience – put a creative and heartfelt touch on every aspect of the participant experience, from on-site sessions to communications in between classes.
Special Events and Community Outreach Projects
- Provide coordination and logistics assistance to Momentum Staff for large-scale events, such as the biennial conference, awards ceremony, and community breakfast.
- Assist with communications and logistics (scheduling, email, mailings, phone calls, social media, etc.) related to membership, alumnae, mentoring, and corporate events.
- Support the administrative side of mentoring program and fundraising efforts as needed.
General Office and Board Relations
- Manage office supply orders and assist with general office duties.
- Assist with scheduling, material preparation, setup and attendance tracking for board meetings.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in event planning, graphic design, and basic database skills a plus
Interested candidates should email a resume and letter of interest to the Momentum personnel committee, with a hard copy to: Momentum HR – P.O. Box 1574 – Birmingham, AL 35201.