What we do….
In addition to our flagship leadership development programs for executive women and early-career women, Momentum is the resource for:
- conferences and events for the community centered on women in leadership
- workshops and training on leadership & diversity, tailored to individual organizations
- connections to 350 accomplished alumnae
- extensive mentoring program
- local and state-wide data on women in leadership
- research and trends on national topics affecting women
History of The Program
In 2001, a group of dynamic, high-level leaders convened to discuss a means to elevate the professional potential of women throughout the State of Alabama. Momentum has been changing the landscape of possibilities for aspiring executive women ever since, developing their leadership skills and increasing their numbers, effectiveness and visibility. In turn, these women shape policy in their organizations and communities, impacting hundreds of women in their workplace and local networks. They become mentors to emerging leaders. Some take their seats on corporate and nonprofit boards. Some run for public office.
Momentum identifies top-level candidates, and through our 9-month curriculum we address the unique challenges facing women in leadership positions. Through skills-based training and mentoring, Momentum helps build the capabilities of emerging Alabama women leaders.
MOMENTUM, launched in 2002, accepts approximately 25 women annually to participate in its prestigious program. Our curriculum is designed to:
- Provide tools and resources to inspire and educate women to serve in leadership roles
- Network these leaders to learn and work on problems together
- Enhance the image of executive women in business and community
- Attract and retain the nation’s brightest women to help solve business and community challenges
Nominations and applications are accepted in the spring. Participants are notified of their acceptance in early summer.
MOMENTUM is a well established 501-c-3 nonprofit organizations. With the support of our corporate partners, we are able to make our program affordable for organizations of all sizes and industries.