Meet for drinks and/or dinner
Here are a few restaurants that do well with groups that come and go on a “flow.” We have designated those that are woman-owned with a (W).
- Season’s 52 at the Summit
- Brat Brot in Lakeview
- Melt in Avondale (W)
- El ZunZun in Cahaba Heights (W)
- Cocina Superior at Brookwood Mall
- Bistrot V in Vestavia
- The Grill at Iron City Downtown
- Urban Cookhouse in Homewood (W)
- Vino in English Village
- Chez Lulu in English Village (W)
- Freddy’s Wine Bar on Highland Avenue
Potluck dinner at a classmate’s house
When everyone brings a dish and/or a bottle of wine, hosting isn’t so hard! When you want to be super-organized, use an app like Perfect Potluck to make it easy.
Go for an “experience” outing
- Try your hand at making a ceramic piece at Thrive Clay Studio (right next to Momentum!) Owner Lana will even let you set up appetizers and wine for a “Sips and Strokes” type of experience. For groups of 6 or more she’ll set up a private workshop.
- Visit an exhibition at the Birmingham Museum of Art and stay for a meal or just a drink at Oscar’s.
- Meet for wine and cheese at Momentum, then walk over for dinner to one of several fine Pepper Place restaurants, including Ovenbird, Cantina, Bettola, and Blueprint on 3rd.