Rigorous Leadership Training
Over the course of a nine-month program, Momentum develops leadership skills, confidence, and connections among Alabama’s most promising women. Class members participate in 360° assessment testing, develop a personal leadership plan, and come together for a luncheon orientation, an overnight opening retreat, seven full day sessions, and a closing retreat and graduation ceremony.
Class members are assigned to co-mentoring groups, in order to build relationships, share ideas, and hold one another accountable for progress on their personal plan. Each participant is also given the opportunity to be paired with senior mentors who can offer advice and support for challenges unique to each individual.
Throughout each session, Momentum incorporates the talent and experience of top local leaders and national facilitators. Common training topics include:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leveraging Strengths and Talents
- Successful Negotiation
- Stress Management
- Leading Across Generations
- Personal Branding, Presentations, and Social Media
- Healthy Conflict, Healthy Teams
- Organizational and Community Impact
- Advocacy Skills and Mentoring
- Board Service and Personal Philanthropy
With the combination of the 360° assessment testing, following a personal leadership plan, co-mentoring, and expertise from top leaders, our curriculum is designed to:
- Provide tools and resources to inspire and educate women to serve in leadership roles
- Network these leaders to learn and work on problems together
- Enhance the image of executive women in business and community
- Attract and retain the nation’s brightest women to help solve business and community challenges
Read about their experiences with a few messages from graduates.
Sound like a good fit for you or someone you know? Learn how to apply here.