In August our MOMENTUM Alumnae Program (MAP) Board of Directors met in our new offices to confirm our 2016-17 officers and members, to thank those who have served last year, and to move on to the important work of forming committees to implement our strategic plan.
MOMENTUM is entering an entirely new phase of expansion that our community will be very excited about. Under the guidance of our 2015-16 Board President, Nan Priest, our Board worked diligently to put together a strategic plan that to expand our vision and set new sights on what we can accomplish together.
With input from our members, we considered many, many ways of expanding our efforts (ideas were not something we were short on!)
In the end we have 4 main components to address:
- Empower young women – Develop a parallel program to reach a broader audience of younger women, providing skills and resources to pave the way and increase the pace at which they take their place at the table.
- Encourage collaboration – Involve men in our efforts, build stronger partnerships with sister organizations, and conduct more community events to build awareness for MOMENTUM and our mission.
- Publish data – Conduct and compile the research from organizations across Alabama to become the leading source of facts about women in leadership in our state.
- Build capacity – In order to do more we are going to need more resources. We will encourage stronger membership in our alumnae program, individual support, and the expansion of our circle of corporate sponsors.
Under the leadership of our new Board President, Vickie Saxon, we are ready to roll up our sleeves and get started on these new projects.
Here’s what you can do:
- Make sure your MAP membership is current. Not sure? Contact Tina.
- Consider a personal gift to MAP and join our Honor Roll of supporters.
- Give your time and talents on a committee.
- Engage your company/organization to be involved and show their commitment to women in leadership, Contact April.
- Provide input on the outreach services MAP can develop for your business.
MOMENTUM has strong legs and we are continuing to build on the pool of leaders for Alabama.
Take a moment and breathe,